About the Book: Clueless at the Top
Our founders gave us a noble vision, but they handed down a powerful obstacle: hierarchical thinking pervades our lives. In the United States, prominent leaders are clueless; their smoke screens and empty rhetoric only sustain the problems they pledge to solve. But, as we identify consistent and predictable patterns, our anger and stress are transformed into creative tools. Instead of dancing to the tune of constraining attitudes and behaviors, we can use the CLUES to cut our puppet strings and free ourselves to build the lives we really want. Everyday stories illustrate how to expose and eliminate elusive hierarchies in our everyday lives — our jobs, relationships, communities, families, schools, corporations, government, business, religion, and education — not even our bedrooms are off limits.
Buy the Book
1. Stop by your local bookseller to order
2. Contact the publisher (Cypress House)
Table of Contents
PART ONE: OUR ELUSIVE HIERARCHIES
1. A Level with a View
2. Why Study Hierarchies?
3. Hierarchies at a Glance
4. Hidden in Plain Sight
5. A Common Language
PART TWO: SUPER-SLEUTHS
6. Sleuths on the Trail
7. CLUES I
8. Diversity: Let's Get to Know Each Other
9. Family and Community: A Job Well Done
10. Human Shapes: Our Bodies Are Beautiful
11. CLUES II
12. Politics: Not as Usual
13. Resources: Who's Benefiting?
14. CLUES III
15. Sexuality: If That's All There Is
16. Violence: Stop It as the Top
17. Corporations: There's More to Life than Staying High
18. CLUES IV
19. Math: It Adds Up to a Hierarchy
20. Religion: Where Does God Come From?
21. Lifestyles: There's Freedom in Simplicity
PART THREE: A GLOBAL VIEW
22. The United States: Clueless to the World?
23. Earth Speaks: There's Another World Out There
ABOUT THE AUTHORS